Aztec Doberman Pinscher Club of San Diego, more commonly referred to as Aztec DPC, hosts AKC sanctioned events, local social events, and educational meetings in addition to running the well respected Aztec Doberman Rescue. We are one of the premier Doberman Pinscher Clubs in the United States with members throughout California and the United States. The club is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and/or scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code.
The Purpose of Aztec Doberman Pinscher Club is:
- To promote the public’s knowledge and appreciation of dogs in general and Doberman Pinschers in particular.
- To produce, publish and distribute to the general public educational materials about the proper care, treatment, breeding, health, development and training of Doberman Pinschers.
- To support and promote study and research on the history, character, breeding genetics and particular health problems on the Doberman Pinscher.
- To further understanding of the diseases, defects, injuries and other ailments that afflict dogs in general and Doberman Pinschers in particular.
- To acknowledge and advance the critical role of an American Kennel club (AKC) recognized chapter club in providing education, health research, and support of rescue and the reduction of canine over-population for the benefit of the general public, purebred dogs and Doberman Pinschers in particular.
- To conduct activities including sporting events, sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience/rally and agility trials, Working Aptitude Evaluations, and other such activities and events as may be held under the rules of the AKC and Doberman Pinshcer Club of America (DPCA), in furtherance of the above purposes.
- To otherwise preserve and protect the Doberman Pinshcer and to do all things possible to bring its natural qualitites to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the AKC and DPCA as the only standard of excellence by which the Doberman Pinscher shall be judged.